CSIR-UGC NET Exam Model Paper
Subject: General Aptitude
1. A sphere of radius 4 cm is carved from a homogeneous
sphere of radius 8 cm and mass 160 g. The mass of the smaller sphere is
1. 80 g.
2. 60 g.
3. 40 g.
4. 20 g.
2. Two boys A and B are at two diametrically opposite points
on a circle. At one instant the two start running on the circle; A anticlockwise
with constant speed v and B clockwise with constant speed 2v. In 2 minutes, they
pass each other for the first time. How much later will they pass each other for
the second time?
1. 1 minute
2. 2 minutes
3. 3 minutes
4. 4 minutes
3. There are k baskets and n balls. The balls are put into the
baskets randomly. If k<n,
1. There is no empty basket
2. There are exactly (n- k) baskets with at least one ball
3. There is at least one basket with two or more balls
4. There are (n- k) baskets with exactly two balls
4. An ant is crawling along the x-axis such that the graph
of its position on the x-axis versus time is a semi-circle (see figure). The
total distance covered in the 4 s is
5. In a bag containing only blue, red and green marbles, all
but 15 are blue, all but 13 are red and all but 12 are green. How many are red?