CSIR-UGC NET Exam Model Paper
Subject: Life Sciences
21. Which of the following bonds will be most difficult to break?
22. A solution of 1% (w/v) starch at pH 6.7 is digested by
15 µg of -amylase (mol wt 152,000). The rate of maltose (mol wt = 342) had a
maximal initial velocity of 8.5 mg formed per min. The turnover number is
23. The conformation of a nucleotide in DNA is affected by rotation about
how many bonds?
24. Which of the following proteins acts as an energy transducer?
4. Heat shock protein.
25. Which of the following predicted property of lipid bilayers would result
if the phospholipids had only one hydrocarbon chain instead of two?
1. The bilayers formed would be much less fluid.
2. The diameter of the head group would be much larger than the acyl chain and
would tend to form micelles rather than bilayers.
3. the bilayers formed would be much more fluid.
4. the bilayers would be more permeable to small water-soluble molecules.